For criteria and materials to be submitted per category, please select an tab below:

HAIRSTYLIST OF THE YEAR

CRITERIA:

In order to enter this category, Hairstylists must have been practicing as a qualified Hairstylist for a minimum of 3 years.

MATERIAL TO BE SUBMITTED:

1. Curriculum Vitae: your career history (Submit 1 page only).
Contribution to the Hairdressing Industry: the hairstylist must have attended on-going education and training.
Published work in magazines and newspapers (support material maximum 4 pages) 10 points +

2. Presented educational training (2 pages) 5 points +

3. Exposure or session work (2 pages only) 5 points +

4. Participation in public or Hairdressing Industry shows or published fashion shoots. (3 pages only) 10 points +

5. Minimum of six and a maximum of 12 photos of styling done in the last 24 months (head and shoulders).
Hairstyle, condition, cut, texture and design: 20 points +
Suitability of style for model photograpy 10 points.

6.TOTAL = 60 points

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST: 60% (60 POINTS) OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PORTFOLIO SUBMITTED AND THE OTHER 40% WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PRESENTATION AT THE AWARDS EVENING FUNCTION ON 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2017. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO ALL FINALISTS.

Sponsored By Paul Mitchell

THE TEAM

CRITERIA:

Each team may have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 team members. The team members need not be from the same salon. Each team must have a name. Each member may be either an Apprentice or a qualified Hairstylist.

MATERIAL TO BE SUBMITTED:

Each team must submit a list of its members and their full names. A minimum of 6 and a maximum of 16 photo's to be submitted. All work will be judged on the interpretation of current fashion.

  1. A list of its members and their full names.
  2. A minimum of 6 and a maximum of 16 photo's to be submitted.
  3. All work will be judged on the interpretation of current fashion.
    Cut and design 20 points +
    Photography 20 points +
    Relevance to current fashion 10 points
  4. TOTAL = 50 POINTS

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST: 50% (50 POINTS) OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PORTFOLIO SUBMITTED AND THE OTHER 50% WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PRESENTATION AT THE AWARDS EVENING FUNCTION ON 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2017.

Sponsored By Moroccanoil

AVANT GARDE

CRITERIA:

Open to all qualified Hairstylists. This category is aimed at showcasing the artistic creativity of the hairdresser and work will be judged on an avant garde representation of current fashion. Points will be awarded as follows:

MATERIAL TO BE SUBMITTED:

A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 photo's to be submitted.

  1. Creativity of concept 10 points +
  2. Interpretation of current trends 5 points +
  3. Artistic value 5 points +
  4. Photography 20 Points
  5. TOTAL = 40 POINTS

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST: 40% (40 POINTS) OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PORTFOLIO SUBMITTED AND THE OTHER 60% WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PRESENTATION AT THE AWARDS EVENING FUNCTION ON 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2017.

Sponsored By TIGI

THE BOYZ

CRITERIA:

Open to all hairstylists and apprentices. This section must represent current men's hair trends.

MATERIAL TO BE SUBMITTED:

A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 photo's to be submitted. Points awarded as follows:

  1. Shape, design, texture, color and condition 20 points +
  2. Interpretation of current trends 10 points +
  3. Photography 20 points
  4. TOTAL = 50 points

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST: 50% (50 POINTS) OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PORTFOLIO SUBMITTED AND THE OTHER 50% WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PRESENTATION AT THE AWARDS EVENING FUNCTION ON 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2017.

Sponsored By Mitch - Paul Mitchell

APPRENTICE OF THE YEAR

CRITERIA

In order to enter the Biosense Apprentice Of The Year the Hairstylist must be 18 & over. Must have less than 2 years experience in the Hairdressing industry

APPRENTICE OF THE YEAR CRITERIA

  1. Motivational letter of less than 100 words of what inspired you to become a hairdresser 10 points +
  2. Submit min of 4 and maximum of 6 photographs:
    Minimum 2 photographs of a street fashion look (Before & After) 20 points +
    2 photographs of a formal evening look (Before & After) 20 points
  3. TOTAL = 50 POINTS

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST: 50% (50 POINTS) OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PORTFOLIO SUBMITTED AND THE OTHER 50% WILL BE JUDGED ON THE PRESENTATION AT THE AWARDS EVENING FUNCTION ON 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2017.

Sponsored By Biosense

PHOTOGRAPHIC SHOOT

IN ORDER TO HELP WITH THE COSTS OF ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, TWINCARE WILL SPONSOR A PHOTOGRAPHIC SHOOT IN YOUR AREA. TWINCARE WILL ANNOUNCE A DATE OF THE PHOTOSHOOT OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

PLS NOTIFY GIA ON MAIL GiaM@twincare.co.za IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY AND BE SENT TO YOU.

HOW TO ENTER:

STEP 1:

Fill out the online entry form. Please ensure that your details are accurate as we will be corresponding with you on a frequent basis. The fee of R50 and completed entry form will secure your entry. Closing date for entry: Friday 22nd September 2017.

STEP 2:

Once your entry form and fee of R50 have been received, Twincare International will send you your portfolio book/s. Only Twincare International portfolios issued will be accepted for submission, and no additional material, such as video, DVD, CD or any other type of audio visual material will be considered for entry. No additions or amendments to portfolios will be accepted once received. Make careful note of the maximum photos allowed per category, any additional pictures will be removed or blanked out.

STEP 3:

Make sure your completed portfolio is returned to Twincare International no later than
Friday 6th October 2017, either by: handing it to your Sales Executive; or delivering directly to Twincare International Head Office: 21 Peltier Drive, Sunninghill, Sandton, 2191 (Reference:
HSOTY ENTRY; Attention: GIA).

STEP 4:

All finalists will be determined by Twincare International; you will be notified by the 12th of October 2017 of your qualification.

STEP 5:

The finals will be held at The Lyric Theatre in Gold Reef City, Johannesburg on the evening of Sunday the 5th of November 2017 where you will present your final show which will
count for valuable points.

STEP 6:

SHOULD YOU BE CHOSEN AS A FINALIST, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT PART OF THE SHOW AT THE FINALS. ADDITIONAL DETAILED INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO ALL FINALISTS

ONLINE ENTRY FORM




TERMS & CONDITIONS

I have read the criteria for the categories that I am entering and agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the competition. I also agree to allow my work to be utilized exclusively by Twincare International for commercial purposes if chosen as a finalist. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The closing date for entries is Friday 22nd September 2017 and no late entries will be considered. No additional material unless stipulated will be considered for entering.